"Invite a friend for dinner"

January: "Invite a friend for dinner"
*
*
*

Sr Premiere make me lose all my work again :(




I did a sketch



Click to enlarge the image


Irene León
Canary Islands - 2011

*
*
*






"Inviting friends to my lonely dinner"
Mari Ishiwata
Yokohama, Japan 2010

*
*
*

I have many nice friends!
I would like to invite them all to dinner!!
But this time I want to invite some of my best friends...

... Chocolate cookies...


... They are there for me, when I am happy, excited, sad, tired, angry...


I invite them for dinner: cauliflower and asparagus soup & mixed salad with cottage cheese and balsamico...

They are my very best friends...
They are the "Chocolate therapy"

:)

By Francis
Oslo// 2011

*
*
*

"yemekteler"
(they are eating)



this video made by images of tv show "yemekteyiz"(it means -we are at the dinner- but aldo it means- we are eating- I change the title yemekteler as they are eating instead of they are at the dinner- word playing:)

edagecikmez
2011/istanbul


*
*
*

IMAGINARY DINNER

At the performance festival Never or Now in Bergen I was suddenly, as Raccoon, face to face with a crocodile-dinosaur. He was green, knitted and big. I invited him for dinner, but he turned down the offer saying he was too busy at the moment. So instead I had a how-it-would-have-been dinner with him.


We would agree by SMS to meet at the blue rock, the place where everybody who has not met before meets. I would be there first and I would recognize him very early. He would walk towards me in a very nonchalant way, and I would be measuring internally how enthusiatically to introduce myself. Kindof decide on what should be my basic energy-level.



I would politely introduce myself and he would say 'hello ehm.. Susanne was it?'. And then I would answer 'yes, but please, call me Raccoon', because I would want the meeting to be between him and Raccoon and not me.



We would look at each other and then look around a bit as if trying to catch a glimpse of what should happen next until I would say 'Yes, so... Let's go to this café up here, it has great food'. And then we would walk side by side up the street.



We would make polite conversation about what we are doing in our every day life, and I would ask how it feels to be a crocodile-dionosaur. Then I would share my experience of being a Raccoon, and we would walk the last little bit in silence. Outside the restaurant I would say 'here it is, let's go in', and he would walk up to the door and hold it open for me to enter. There would be a lot of people inside, but one table by the wall would be free for us to sit down by.


By the table we would continue to talk about every day stuff like what we like to eat and what we like to do, and then we would find something we had in common. We would both smile and say 'hey, that's cool' and loose a bit what to say next and smile and eat some more. After a while I would tell him about the Maruchi-project and the blog and that this is the reason why I had the guts to invite him for dinner.



After telling him about the Maruchis I would ask him if I could take a picture of me and him in the restaurant and make sure it would be ok for him to be posted on the Maruchi blog. He would say yes, and afterwards I would go home to write about our meeting and post the picture of the two of us on the blog. Then I would send him a link so that he could look at it as well.


Raccoon and Mr. crocodile-dinosaur
Bergen 2011

*
*
*

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaa i use to do daily Sjokolade-terapi my friend...you know... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eda, you look pretty in the video!! :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. so... Ire, and now you don´t do the chocolate therapy any more??? :) pensé mucho en ti la primera vez que vi esas galletas!!! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete